Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SPAM

Occasionally it's like a train wreck. A subject line that's so disgusting/stupid/obscene, you can't help opening the email instead of just deleting it. Tonight it was "Cleanse & Flush up to 20lbs from your colon!" that sucked me in.

First of all, kudos to AOL's spam filter; it caught this little gem. I was deleting spam from my spam file when it caught my eye. Second, twenty pounds? Can you wonder I clicked it open? But then they spoiled it and I started giggling at the first line. "Drop Weight With Your Mate!" How romantic! Drop weight with your mate cleansing your colon. If only everyone had known in time for Valentine's Day! Nothing says love like clean colons.

And then the coup de grace -- I noticed the domain name where the email came from: "lawofficestaff.com". You know, to a legal secretary the pairing of the cleansing of the colon and a law office do seem complementary.

No comments: